TRANSFER & ADVANCED STANDING
Home > Admissions > Transfer & Advanced Standing
TRANSFER OF CREDIT FOR PRIOR STUDIES
The college is pleased to give credit for prior studies in accredited colleges and universities. Those with previous college or university studies should have their previous school(s) submit a transcript and request an evaluation for transfer credit.
There are two important restrictions:
- Courses with a grade lower than “C” will not be transferred, and
- if the incoming student did not graduate from the college he or she previously attended, the transferred credits cannot amount to more than one half of the courses required to complete the program.
CREDIT FOR LIFE EXPERIENCE
- Summit Pacific Distance Education does not grant credit for life experience. By its very nature, distance education assumes adult maturity and appropriate backgrounds for all students. The college fulfills the educational portion of preparation for a more useful involvement in Christian service, but students are expected also to be preparing themselves through practical life experience. Thus, life experience receives no additional credit.
TRANSFER TO OTHER INSTITUTIONS
- Because not all educators accept Distance Education, Summit Pacific Distance Education cannot guarantee transferability. In practice, however, courses are being widely accepted for transfer to other colleges that are accredited.
- Where college transfer is important to the student, he or she should query the institution to which transfer is planned in this regard.
TRANSFER TO OTHER SUMMIT PACIFIC PROGRAMS
- Those students who transfer Summit Pacific Distance Education courses to one of the college’s degree programs are eligible for the Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) degree. For a course to be considered for transfer the final mark should have a grade minimum of C or its equivalent.
- Credits earned through Summit’s Distance Education do not apply towards the B.A. degree program offered in affiliation with Trinity Western University (TWU) (see page 36).
Copyright © Summit Pacific College, 2021