Home > Current Students > Graduation Requirements
- All graduates of Summit have established themselves, both within and outside of the college, as dedicated, exemplary Christians.
- A satisfactory record of attendance at church services is required of all graduates.
- Satisfactory participation in Student Ministries assignments during the time a student is in college is required. The Student Ministry Self Placement Form must be submitted each year, as long as the student is enrolled with Summit Pacific College’s Distance Education program. Each year the Ministry Supervisor will be asked to submit an assessment of the student’s ministry involvement. The student will also be asked to submit a self-assessment of his/her ministry involvement. The student’s pastor will be asked to provide an additional assessment of the student prior to approval for graduation.
- The minimum number of credits to be completed for graduation with a three-year diploma is 90, the minimum for a four-year baccalaureate degree is 123. These credits must satisfactorily fulfill the student's particular program. When curriculum revisions entail changes in course requirements, students may either qualify for graduation under the requirements in effect when they enrolled, or qualify under the requirements in effect at the time that they graduate.
- The minimum G.P.A. qualification for graduation on a diploma program is 1.75. On a degree program, the minimum requirement is a 2.0 G.P.A.
- Nine of the required 123 credit hours (3 courses) for the baccalaureate degree must be completed on Summit Pacific College’s Abbotsford campus or in another approved “face to face” context.
- All financial obligations with the college must be settled.
- A student having a deficit of more than three (3) credits to complete a program is not allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- A student having a deficit of up to three (3) credits must agree to complete all outstanding credits within three (3) weeks of graduation studies in order to be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Only students who have met all requirements are allowed to participate as graduates in the graduation ceremony.
In order to qualify for a Pastoral Ministries Degree, Pastoral Ministries Diploma, Leadership Certificate, Youth Leadership ROMER Certificate, Youth Leadership Certificate, Child and Family Ministry Certificate or a ROMER Certificate, the student must complete all of the requirements of the program. It is the student’s responsibility to be sure that all exams have been taken and all study papers submitted for all courses for which credit is expected.
When a student applies for graduation, all of these details are reviewed, and any omissions or incompletes are called to account. An application for graduation form may be downloaded from the Distance Education web site (Admissions / Forms & Documents): here or may be requested from the Distance Education office.
Copyright © Summit Pacific College, 2020